Home

Friday, August 26, 2011

Recipe of the MONTH - Chicken Spaghetti

It has been a long time since I have done a recipe of the month post. To be honest I haven't tried to many new recipes lately. I have been emotionally and physically drained of creativity in my cooking and crafting that I haven't wanted to even try something new, BUT one of my sweet friends (Ann Landis) gave me a recipe for Chicken Spaghetti. She made it for our family when Justin had his knee surgery and afterwards I had to have the recipe because it was so good!!!! So I thought I would share it with all of you. It is super simple, but so tasty. It is the perfect dish for a potluck or a large family event.

Here are the ingredients.

Ingredients:

4-6 chicken breasts cooked and shredded (I like to cook the chicken in the crock pot for most of the day)
12 oz of cooked spaghetti
1 can of Rotel (it is found in the mexican aisle)
1 can of chicken broth
2 cans of Cream of Chicken Soup
1 lb. of Velveeta cheese, cubed
1 1/2 cups of shredded Cheddar Cheese
salt & pepper for taste

Directions:

Cook chicken like I said I like to cook it in the crock pot for most of the day. When it has finished cooking take out the chicken breasts and shred. Next cook spaghetti follow cooking instructions on the spaghetti bag. While spaghetti noodles are cooking in a large sauce pan melt the Rotel, chicken broth, Velveeta cheese, Cream of Chicken soup, and the shredded cheese together. Allow for it all the melt and blend together. After your sauce is created and noodles are cooked combine all the items together...sauce, noodles, and chicken... it makes a large amount so make sure you combine them in a large enough bowl or pan. Put the mixture in a 9X13 pan or as I did today I put it in (2) 8X8 pans that were lined with foil (I plan on freezing my chicken spaghetti that I made today to eat at a later time).


Bake @ 350 degrees for 1 hour in 9X13, small sizes can be less time, just keep an eye on it.

Like I said before I plan on freezing these 8x8 to eat at a later time. I lined my pans with foil so that once they are frozen I can take them out of the pan and the chicken spaghetti with stay in tact. This is a great way to organize frozen meals, they take up less room in the freezer then a pan would and you have the use of pans.

Thanks so much to Ann for sharing your yummy recipe. I hope you all get a chance to try it out for yourselves and remember Happiness is Homemade!

No comments:

Post a Comment