Home

Saturday, June 11, 2011

...Summer Reading...

Last fall when I started Emma's second year of preschool my goal was to have all my preschool children (especially Emma) reading. I wanted to make sure that my preschool kiddos were ready for kindergarten and kindergarten now a days isn't just about learning your letter, sounds, shapes, color, and so on , but it is also about learning to read. So as the school year progressed so did my students. Each student left preschool reading and Emma was no exception. Our favorite books to read are the BOB Books Series. I honestly believe that Emma is so successful with reading because she had a strong foundation in letter sounds and recognition. It is so fun listening and watching Emma read 3-4 books a night to me and as her teacher I am proud of her, this is a BIG accomplishment! So as I enjoy my summer and my time with my kiddos I just had brag about how incredible my daughter is. I can't wait to see how kindergarten goes!


No comments:

Post a Comment