Home

Saturday, September 15, 2012

33 weeks & Premature Contractions

It all started Wednesday, I woke up not feeling so great. I had a back ache and Landon was moving all over the place. Landon is normally very active, but his activity was very ruff and constant. Even though I noticed a change I went about my daily routine of getting the kids ready for school and getting myself ready too since Wednesday's are preschool days and I had to teach.

On the way to driving Emma to school I had my first official painful contraction! You know the one that makes you stop in your place and just say ouch!!!! It only lasted for about 10-15 seconds, but it was enough to make me notice. As the morning progressed and I went about teaching, my back began to hurt more and I would get this shooting pain up the right side of my back. I thought I could have slept wrong or maybe I had a pinched nerve? Finally around 2:30pm I decided to call the on call doctor at my office and talk to them to see what they had to say. I described my what I was feeling and she said to go to the labor and delivery wing at Mercy Gilbert. So about 4pm Justin and I were admitted into triage and watched as I was having consistent contractions just under 4 minutes. Landon's heart rate would rise every time a contraction started, but for the most part he was doing good aside from getting a little worked up because of the contraction. So after a couple tests and the contractions not letting up I was given a shot of terbutaline, which helped stop the contractions and we were able to go home.

Thursday I went into the doctor for a follow up. They checked me and I have not started dilating, but they decided to run a couple more tests just to check all the avenues. I was happy to hear that after 34 weeks they aren't worried about delivering a baby and if you do go into labor they will not stop you. I of course hope we make it past our due date, I am in no hurry and want Landon develop and grow stronger and chubbier. Monday makes 34 weeks for our little man, only 6 more weeks to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment