Home

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Getting Ready for Santa...


We LOVE getting ready for Santa!!! We make sure that not only Santa gets a special treat, but his reindeers do too. Every year we make Reindeer Food, I do this activity with my preschoolers and Emma also wanted to do it. It is so fun and special and easy. I highly recommend any family starting this tradition.

Reindeer Food Recipe:
1/2 cup of oatmeal
sprinkles
(Told you, super easy!!!!)

Emma and Logan with their Reindeer Food.




I always put this poem with the reindeer food and read it to the kiddos so they know why the reindeer food is so special. The poem says...

My, oh my! I do declare here is special reindeer food to sprinkle through the air.
The oatmeal is for energy, the sprinkles are for flight, so sprinkle the reindeer food on Christmas Eve night.
All of Santa's reindeers will love this healthy snack and next year Santa and his reindeer surely will be back!

After sprinkling our reindeer food outside we got Santa's plate ready with fresh baked cookies and water, Emma thought water would be better for Santa than milk, hahaha.


Santa LOVED his water and cookies so much he ate them all gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment