Home

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Recipe of the MONTH - TURKEY COOKIES

Ok the recipe for this month really isn't too fancy, but oh so cute!!!! I made these for my preschool Thanksgiving party. They are perfect for a get together or for you and your kiddos to make around Thanksgiving time.

Ingredients:

2 rolls of Phillsbury sugar cookie dough
1-2 containers of frosting
food coloring

Directions:

1. Prior to getting the cookie dough out I made a print of Emma's hand on a piece of paper. I cut out her hand print and this was the pattern I used to create the turkey body. It is best to use a small hand print because the dough will spread as it bakes and get larger, so start small.

2. Flour your countertop and roll out your sugar cookie dough. Then lay your hand print pattern on the rolled out sugar cookie dough and use a knife to cut around the print. When you are done place the cut out cookie hand print on a cookie sheet. (I put a silpat done on my cookie sheet prior so that the cookie cooked a little easier). Make 5 -6 hands make sure not to fill your cookie sheet to much because the hand will grow!

3. Bake in an oven @ 350 for 10 minutes. Follow cooking directions on the packaging. I always cook my cookies for the lowest time allowed so that they are chewy.

4. Once your cookies have cooled mix your frosting to creat a super cook turkey.

I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my preschoolers and kiddos did. For school I had all the kiddos frost their own turkeys they had a blast!!!! Happy Thanksgiving Everyone and remember HAPPINESS IS HOMEMADE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment