Home

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Crafting

It's no surprise that I absolutely love crafting. I wish I had more time to devote to this hobby, but unfortunately time is something I lack right now. But this past holiday season I MADE TIME and I am so glad that I did because I came up with these fun cookie jars for my girlfriends along with a few other fun things. My friends and I got together one night for cookies and conversation and I gave each one of them one a jar with a cookie recipe attached as a thank you. They were so fun to make!!!!!
The next two pictures are lovey quilts that I made. I try to make a lovey for each one of my girlfriends when they are pregnant, this is something that I started about a year and a half ago. I finished the lamb quilt in Nov. (baby was born in Dec.) and the purple quilt in Jan. (baby is due next month) 2 months apart from each other. My hands were busy making them for 2 months but I think they turned out pretty cute. I think the most challenging part of the the entire process is deciding what to create. I have a few ideas brewing for a couple other friends of mine who are expecting later this year.


Lastly baking... you may not think it is a craft, but I happen to believe that it is an art! I LOVE TO BAKE. There is something wholesome and motherly about whipping up a delicious cookie or cake. I love the smell, the warmth that I feel when I pull perfect cookies out of the oven, and the pride that comes from knowing that I created something wonderful to be enjoyed.
These crafts are not hard to do by any means, but so much fun. I challenge anyone reading to be crafty for a day... learn something new, enjoy the process, it doesn't have to come out perfect. Just be willing to take chances and who knows those chances might turn into something fantastic!

1 comment:

  1. I happen to LOVE that lamb one!! :) :)
    I need to add your blog to my blogroll! so fun!!

    ReplyDelete