Home

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Holiday or Winter, but NEVER Christmas

CHRISTMAS... it is a word that I wasn't able to use when I taught in the public setting. We were always told to use words like Holiday or Winter, but never CHRISTMAS. How lucky I was this year to be able to not only use this word, but to celebrate with my preschoolers the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ at Sweet Beginnings. The kids performed songs for their parents, created edible christmas trees, opened presents, and played in community with each other. Sweet Beginnings has been a huge challenge for me mentally, but also spiritually. I have found myself praying before starting my school day, asking for God's gental hand and patience in all that I do. As we celebrated at school I felt God's presence in all the encouraging words, laughs from the kiddos, cheers and applauses, happy faces, and big warm hugs. I am lucky to have these childrens 2 days a week and I am lucky to have these parents as partners in their childrens education. Thanks to all for making it a great 1st half of the year, bring on 2010!
Silly Faces with my sweet preschoolers.

Emma and her finished christmas tree.

Papa helped with the construction.


The Landis Family: Brock, Ann, and Rick



Emmitt and his mommy Kyra

crafts and snacks

Sweet Abbie

Shy Sammy

'Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!' ~2Corinthians 9:15

1 comment: