Home

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Tex-Mex Chicken

This recipe is from Justin's Men's Health Magazine, but I have to admit it is probably one of my favorite meals. We ate it last night for dinner and I decided it was definitely a recipe that should be shared, it has so much flavor and is just sooo delicious!!!



Ingredients:

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts halves
1/2 c. fat-free Italian dressing (I don't use that much I just lightly coat)
1 can (16 oz) mexican-style stewed tomatoes
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 jalapeno peppers, minced
1/4 tsp. dried cilantro (I don't use this, but you could)
shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack Cheese (I use reduced-fat Mexican blend cheese)

Directions:

1. Place chicken in a 9X13 pan. Pierce chicken several times with a fork. Pour dressing over the top to coat chicken. Cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.

2. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the tomatoes (with juice), garlic, jalapeno peppers, and cilantro. Simmer for 20 minutes. Pour mixture over the chicken and cover.

3. Bake the chicken for 40 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted in the thickest portion registers 160F. and the juices run clear (40 minutes is perfect in my oven). Sprinkle with cheese once out of over, cover to allow cheese to melt.

I like to combine this chicken with brown rice and green beans, it is soo yummy. I hope you all enjoy this recipe and remember HAPPINESS IS HOMEMADE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment