Home

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Landon's Birth Story

Landon Randal Chase was welcomed into the world at 8:30am on November 1, 2012. He was 8lbs. and 20 inches long. 

We went into the hospital Halloween night to begin the induction process. When we got the hospital we were brought straight to a hospital room and we quickly learned what was in store for us. I was checked by the nurse and I was dilated to 3 1/2 and about 75% effaced. I was given a gel to soften my uterus and told to walk around the hospital. Needless to say we did lots of walking around Halloween night and around 2am on November 1st we were admitted into the hospital because I was showing progress and my contractions were becoming more frequent and strong. My water broke at 3:27am right before I got my epidural and soon after I was able to rest for a while before I was asked to push. Landon was born at 8:30am. There is never enough words to describe seeing your baby for the first time and holding them. Landon was so alert and just looked at all of us. He also latched on with no problems, you could tell he was going to be a good eater. 













No comments:

Post a Comment